To fundraise for Footsteps Counselling & Care by organising your own event, activity or challenge, you must agree the terms and conditions below. These terms constitute the fundraising agreement between Footsteps Counselling & Care and you, as a participant.
Planning your event, activity or challenge
- Anyone organising their own fundraising event, activity or challenge for Footsteps Counselling & Care must be aged 18 or over by the Event Date.
- I understand that the fundraising event, activity or challenge I’m organising is in aid of Footsteps Counselling & Care. I understand that:
- The event, activity or challenge is my responsibility (including but not limited to all costs and liability) and Footsteps bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the event. The event, activity or challenge won’t be covered by Footsteps Counselling & Care’s insurance policy. If appropriate, I will arrange my own insurance and will make sure that contractors and external facilities used can demonstrate evidence or the relevant insurance cover.
- If taking part in an active challenge, I confirm that I am medically fit and acknowledge and agree that I participate in the challenge at my own risk. Footsteps shall not be responsible or liable for injury or illness resulting from my participation and I need to arrange my own insurance.
- I am responsible for the health and safety of all involved in my event, activity or challenge.
- I am responsible for ensuring food hygiene and ensuring that I have the relevant licenses e.g. if selling food or alcohol at an event.
- I will use my best endeavours to raise money for Footsteps Counselling & Care in connection with my participation in the event.
- I understand and will make clear to those who support my fundraising that any money I send into Footsteps Counselling & Care will be treated as a donation and used for Footsteps work supporting people in Gloucestershire affected by fertility or pregnancy related issues and loss.
- Donations are not refundable, even if the event does not take place.
- I will forward all monies donated to the Charity either by cash, bank transfer, cheque or via an online giving provider no later than four weeks after the event.
- I will only use lawful means to fundraise for Footsteps and will not bring the charity’s names into disrepute. I will observe the following fundraising rules and I will comply with any further rules and requirements about fundraising of which Footsteps may notify me:
- I will not use Footsteps or any associated logo without first obtaining permission from the charity and will allow Footsteps to approve any materials produced whether printed or online.
- I will tell event attendees that I am raising money ‘in aid of’ Footsteps Counselling & Care. This means that as such I am acting “in aid of” the charity raising funds, but that I am acting independently of the charity and this status gives me no authority to act in the charities name.
- I will not incur nor am I authorised to incur any cost, claim, loss or liability on behalf Footsteps Counselling & Care.
- I will contact Footsteps before conducting any raffle, lottery or public event, and comply with any guidance, guidelines or insurance and legal requirements issued by the Footsteps in connection with this kind of event.
- I will obtain approval from Footsteps Counselling & Care before approaching press or celebrities to support my event.
- I will secure the necessary approvals prior to undertaking street collections or collections on private property. House-to-house collections are not permitted.
- I will ensure that I take responsibility for the safe keeping of money raised in Footsteps Counselling & Care’s name, both during and after the collections, until it is transferred to the charity and I will:
- If relevant, send Footsteps my completed sponsor forms with details of the names and addresses of and amounts donated or pledged by all sponsors no later than 4 weeks after my event. This will allow Footsteps to process gift aid on donations. Please note that we will not contact your sponsors.
- Ensure that donations made by cheque are payable to Footsteps Counselling & Care and ensure that these cheques are sent to us no later than 3 weeks after issue.
- Only use sponsorship forms issued by Footsteps and not use any other type of sponsorship form (unless otherwise agreed with us).
Use of data
Footsteps Counselling & Care will store and use the personal data you provide when you sign up to fundraise for us on the lawful basis of contract. We will use the information you provide to contact you about your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have agreed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work. You can opt out of such communications at any time.
All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will not be shared with any third party.
Use of images
If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to the Footsteps, you agree that these may be used by Footsteps for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 18 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
If you publish details of your fundraising activities publicly to your social media accounts, personal website, blog or any other digital format, you must state that you are fundraising ‘in aid of’ Footsteps Counselling and Care. You should ‘tag’ Footsteps where possible or inform us of the post. Should you give permission for us to share you fundraising story you agree that information that you have given us or made public may be used by Footsteps for commercial and/or fundraising purposes on any of our social and digital platforms.
I confirm I have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions set out above, and understand that Footsteps Counselling & Care may terminate our relationship if I am in breach of any of the terms and conditions.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of this agreement with a note of the date on which you accepted its terms and conditions. If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.