Volunteering opportunity from any location, supporting people as they rebuild their lives
We are looking for Level-4 qualified counsellors to volunteer with our charity, Footsteps Counselling & Care
You will provide professional counselling to clients in Gloucestershire seeking support who:
- have suffered trauma during pregnancy or birth
- are suffering from post or prenatal depression
- have lost a baby at any time and for any reason
- are struggling with fertility issues and childlessness.
We believe that this support should be free from the boundaries of financial constraints and personal circumstances and accessible to all who need it.
“I was broken and lost but now I’m rediscovering my new self and accepting the changes.”
As the face of Footsteps, you will counsel the client who will have encountered one or more of the issues above. You will be expected to bring up to date, person-centred techniques to partner with the client and help them to move forwards.
- Undertake a client assessment session, followed by person-centred counselling (via Zoom) to our clients, offering up to 12 sessions for each client
- Update our database with the client’s basic information and session attendance
- Maintain succinct, relevant session notes and store these securely
- Attend CPD training to ensure your knowledge stays current
- Attend monthly Supervision to ensure safe working practices
- Level-4 minimum qualified counsellor with a minimum of 100 hours clinical practice
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A member or registrant of the BACP, UKCP or registered with another recognised counselling body.
- Willing and able to provide counselling via Zoom from a private location with a stable WiFi connection
- Able to support three clients a week, being three hours of your time for counselling plus time for administration. We request a minimum commitment of one year.
Why volunteer with Footsteps Counselling & Care?
- You will work directly with our clients, helping them to find a path forwards and back together
- You will build your knowledge and experience in this specialist area
- Able to work from any location whilst making a significant difference
- Professional indemnity insurance cover whilst supporting our clients
- 1.5 hours of Supervision per month
- Regular formal CPD opportunities
- Dedicated line management with one to one support and reviews
- Reimbursement of authorised expenses
- Provision of a written reference after 6 months
“[Footsteps] Helped us get through the most difficult experience of our lives.”
- Email your CV to Julia Davey, Volunteer Manager at email@example.com
- Potential candidates will be asked to fill out a short application form
- Interview 1: Skills-based interview with Footsteps’ team
- Interview 2: Opportunity to meet one of our existing counsellors to understand all about the role and what you may face
- Successful candidates will be inducted and invited to meet with clients and begin making a difference from day 1.
Email your CV to Julia Davey, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.